- The Illinois State Society of Radiologic Technologists is an organization whose mission is to lead and serve its members, the healthcare profession, and the public on all issues impacting the radiologic sciences.
The ISSRT achieves this by:
• Promoting quality patient care
• Strengthening professional standards by supporting legislative activities and healthcare initiatives
• Supporting the professional development for radiologic technologists in all areas of the radiologic sciences
• Upholding the profession’s code of ethics and increasing the profession’s image and reputation
• Fostering relationships with healthcare institutions, physicians, and professionals with mutual interests advocating unity within the radiologic sciences
The Illinois State Society of Radiologic Technologists (ISSRT) is the professional organization that represents the radiologic sciences in the state of Illinois. The Society’s purpose is to ensure that Illinois citizens receive quality patient care provided by competent Radiologic Science Professionals.
Why Join the ISSRT?
Join the Illinois State Society of Radiologic Technologists (ISSRT) and experience a vibrant community, essential tools, and exceptional learning that will enhance every aspect of your professional development. The Society is committed to serving as an organization that connects remarkable people and remarkable ideas to result in a stronger community for those interested in radiologic technology.
For more information about the ISSRT or to join, visit www.issrt.org.
In ISSRT, your peers are often your most valuable resource. As a member, you will be connected to a network of radiologic technology professionals, industry partners, and consultants throughout the state of Illinois, well as nationally. Members share expertise and receive advice at Regional and State meetings, networking receptions, and social events. The peer-to-peer learning experience is unparalleled.
Have a question about radiologic technology? We’ve got answers. Find numerous articles and other resources in the Society’s newsletters to help you meet the challenges you face every day.
Advocate in our Profession…
As an affiliate of the American Society of Radiologic Technologists (ASRT), the ISSRT is the organization dedicated to the Radiologic Science professional, reflecting the concerns and spirit of thousands of Illinois technologists and students.
The ISSRT works in conjunction with the ASRT and surrounding state affiliates to monitor, and act as necessary, on issues regarding patient safety as it relates to licensure. Illinois is one of a number of states that has comprehensive licensure requirements for anyone performing medical imaging and radiation therapy procedures.
With the ever-changing political state in our country and state, the safeguards that have been put into place change suddenly and drastically. Recent moves have been to eliminate licensure and allow unqualified, uneducated individuals to perform medical imaging. This is in direct opposition to our affiliate mission and goals regarding patient safety. As a member of the ISSRT, you will receive up to date alerts about potential changes and recommendations on actions to take.
ISSRT has extraordinary educational CE offerings including:
• Annual Conference – Every year, radiologic technology professionals and industry partners gather at the largest education and networking event focused on radiologic technology in the state. We have something for everyone…technologists, educators, & students!
• Local and Regional Programs – Curious minds come together to explore new tools and approaches that help develop personal careers and the profession beyond expectations and into something remarkable.
Without a doubt, membership in ISSRT offers a vast array of resources to help you compete in today’s market and keep you informed of critical professional issues that may challenge your success. Whether you are a student or experienced technologist, you belong in ISSRT. Become a member today. Be a part of something REMARKABLE.