Letter from the ISSRT President
Aug 30, 2020
As part of the ISSRT, the members of the society are given the privilege and responsibility of electing those individuals who will serve the society in the offices of President, Vice President, President Elect, Northern Advisor, Central Advisor, Southern Advisor, ISSRT Delegate, Treasurer, and Secretary. On September 1st of each year, the Nominating Committee will begin its work to develop a slate of nominees to be voted on. Please assist us by giving consideration to the nomination of those individuals you feel have demonstrated exceptional character, leadership and a commitment to the ISSRT and fellow RTs.
Who can be nominated?: A nominee must be a member of ISSRT and the ASRT at the time of nomination. Some positions require certain criteria be met. So please check the position requirements before nominating yourself or someone else. A link to the summary of responsibilities for the officers and nominating committee can be found just above the Nomination Form that you may reference to when you are voting.
- All persons who accept the nomination must be available to attend the annual conference in April in Bloomington to be installed. The installation occurs on the 2ndday of the conference (usually Tuesday). They also must be willing to meet in person in Bloomington for our July Board meeting, and be available for our Go-to Meetings by phone/computer throughout their term of service.
- Nominations are held September 1– November 30
- Voting is held on line Jan 1- Feb 1
- Newly Elected Board members will be Notified by March 1st
- Newly elected board members will be installed to office at our April Conference.
- The following 2021-2022 Board positions are open for nominations (see above for descriptions and requirements):
President Elect, Secretary, Treasurer, Southern Region Advisor, Central Region Advisor and ISSRT Delegate to the ASRT.
If you have any questions please let us know.
Patrick Murphy, President
Illinois Society of Radiologic Technologists
Member, American Society of Radiologic Technologists
You can find a summary of responsibilities for the officers and nominating committee by clicking here.